Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Remembering Cathy

I got a text page from Cathy tonight as I was bored to death in a staff meeting. Seems like she is ragging on me for starting this blog so I told her that I was going to share some of her old stories with cyberspace so she wouldn't feel so neglected (her ego can be fragile). Tonight I will share one of her more classic stories. I like to call it Cathy's crazy inventions (of which there are many). Cathy is known to invent quite a few of her own cycling accessories....Lights, etc. But tonights story focuses on the Addison Oaks race about 4 years ago. We all know how low lying Addison can be and if there is any moisture or rain the place can turn into a mud pit. Well the night before the race it is pouring so Cathy decides she is going to cut up a bunch of old pop bottle and milk jugs to fashion fenders and mud guards out of. Needless to say it looked like a homeless person had stolen her bike and I'm not really sure how it worked out as the mud caked up in the fenders and her bike weighed like 75 # at the end of the race..Priceless

No comments: