Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Better than a sharp stick in the eye

I needed to ride outside today. Yesterday sucked. Nothing worse than churning away inside on a trainer. I put the call in to DC...Where we ridin 2day? "Island"...What the fuck..I didn't really want to drive half way across the state to ride ILRA and I was not really feeling it. "No dumbass" says DC, HIGHLAND...Like as in HIGHLAND the place I hate so much that I would rather shove a sharp stick in my eye. To me Highland could be so much sweeter. I can't stand tight rough rocky trails that have absolutely no flow. The only trail I loathe more than Highland is Holdridge...I'll have to blog on that place later. But whatever it was an outdoor ride on December 13th and that can't be bad. I called Joe B on the way out to the ride and he tried to talk me out of riding with DC. "Just ride to stoney and do some easy laps" he said but by that time it was already to late. I was already on M59 headed west. I met Butt and DC and the ride was on. Don broke his front brake cable and had to do an abrupt dismount going around one corner. Other than that the ride was pretty uneventful.. Except for the CREEPY 2 person pop up tent that we saw perched at the top of one hill deep in the woods...Hope someone was using that as a hunting blind..We didn't want to get to close to it (it was off the trail anyway) as I was having visions of the movie DELIVERANCE. Anyway the ride was OK. I guess that Highland every now and then is OK and it was a chance to ride outside with the fellas....

1 comment:

ask said...

Sounds much better than a sharp stick in the eye. Of course hearing the banjo refrain is a whole lot worse than the sharp stick.