Thursday, December 7, 2006

First Tracks

Well after a frustrating morning of trying to organize a ride Joberon and myself decided to ride old PLRA (AKA Cameron Lake Rec Area). Lets just say it was epic. As I pulled up Joe was already getting dressed and it looked like we were going to have the whole place to ourselves. As I pulled on my jacket and attached my lights I noticed this SUV pulling in. What the FUCK another CHOAD who didn't send a permission slip. I know that seems a little dicky but when U spend as much time riding that place as we do (not to mention maintaining it) U kind of feel like it is yours. Anyway the trail was awesome with only a light dusting of snow (not even an inch in some spots). We rode the first lap backwards then a second lap in the normal direction. As I was leaving another truck was pulling in the lot...Hmmmm this one looked more familar...It was none other than the Bird who then proceeds to tell me that he was meeting 2 Bills and Buttush for a couple of night laps. Damn to bad I missed that one. It has been a long time since I've ridden with Birdy at night and I should have gone back out with them but I was already changed and didn't have anymore dry clothes. Well at least I didn't mind if they hit the trails. Permission granted...for now Birdy.

4 comments:

ask said...

Too bad Brighton was not on your list. I got to spend my late afternoon dragging Ms. Steele around A2. Always entertaining!
A-

rachel said...

Sorry for the frustration. Andy and I ended doing the A2 City Loop. Next time, I'll ask him first to make sure he's okedokey with the venue...or maybe I'll just leave him at home ;)

rachel said...

Ha, we posted at the same time!

sworksredace said...

Rach to bad we couldn't hook up for the ride. Joe and I rode for 2 1/2 hrs. It was sweet!!! Riding the trail cuts the wind down and it didn't seem that cold. Maybe next time.