Thursday, December 28, 2006

DC breaks Cathy's will again

Today's ride was off to a wonderful start. Butt and DC left early to put down some extra miles. Jim bolted out of the parking lot as soon as he saw me pull in and Cathy was in her car with her Blackberry (or as we call it the Dingelberry) in hand making a conference call. There was much speculation througout the ride as to what the call was really about. DC suggested it had something to do with which way the Blue Light rotates (clockwise vs. counterclockwise) I thought that maybe SearsMart was contemplating a new slurpee flavor and wanted Cathy's opinion ( I would vote for my favorite flavor cherry red) and Butt felt as though since Cathy is in charge of buying for women's woven garments that maybe they were planning a new line of lingerie that she could model. Well I left Cathy at the lot to finish her call and headed backwards to meet DC and the Tooshky. We met up at the pines and headed back out for another forward loop hoping that we wouldn't run into Cathy as she headed out backkwards to meet us (JK). We were having a good lap and met Cathy right after Joe's Pinball Alley but something wasn't right. It seems that 3 days of consecutive riding back in MI had taken it's toll on our little friend. "My back is killing me and I've got no legs today" she exclaimed. "I think when I get back home I need to do some pilates and maybe some core strengthening". Well as soon as she says this DC starts flopping on the ground doing his impersonation of Cathy's stretching and Pilates routine it was fucking hilarious. The rest of the ride was at a moderate pace but any time that DC started to wick up the pace Cathy would fall off the back claiming DC had broken her spirit. We all know what happened the last time he did that....We didn't hear from her in like 4 months. It's to bad Cathy has to go home Sunday I really miss her spirit and need someone to keep me on the SET Program. CYA 2morrow for a nice recovery ride...TC

No comments: