Monday, December 18, 2006

LUMPY Takes out the Ace

Anyone who knows Lump knows he is for real. The dude is a larger than life true mountain biker and he is also quite hilarious. I had the pleasure or should I say unfortunate opportunity to ride this weekend with the Lump at ILRA. Now normally you would say no big deal Island is tame. Some people would even wonder what J was doing out there in the first place but that is another story. The ride was going along well..Casual pace having fun whatever. The first lap no big deal. The second lap was again going smoothly DC up front followed by The Rev, Lump then myself. Then BANG!!!! The SHIT breaks loose. The downhill before you cross the park road for the second time (think the last hard left before you ride through the whooped out slime holes then cross the bridge. Or the only technical downhill section in the trail) Lump catches his pedal on a tree!!! Blammm He endoes...Now being right behind him I'm thinking FUCK I"M ABOUT TO EAT SHIT as his Quiring 29er bounces up and takes me out causing me to in turn endo and land on his bike. I think his pedal tore up my thigh and my elbow smashed into his chainstay. Well one cracked helmet later we were back on the trail but I had seriously lost my desire to ride anymore. The Rev and I finished up the lap after getting asshatched by DC and Lummis. Two days later and I'm still sore. Better call Massey about that helmet...TC

1 comment:

Quiring MTB Team said...

Sho enuf ! Still have the feed bag ?