Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Single speed and speky two days in a row

Tim the mouth (aka singlespeed) and Speky were seen again today riding back to back days at the crack. What gives? The worst thing was about 2 seconds after I pull in to get my gear on Tim shows up. Now he isn't a bad guy and he means well but he can talk your ear off if you let him.. I remember a few years ago I passed him on the last climb at PLRA only to crash awkardly on the following downhill and jack my shoulder up...As he rolls up to me he is like..."man dude that was an awesome crash it looked like it hurt let me tell you about the time I crashed at Poto" the whole time my right shoulder was killing me and all I wanted to do was limp back to the car but he was oblivious to that...So today all I could think of was how I needed to get going before he started on one of his monologues. Then I look over and what should my eyes see but Specky's SUV. Yeah I know the guy lives like 1 mile from PLRA but why ride in when U can drive. Well DC informs me that he arrived about 15 mins earlier than me and when he and Terry got there Specky was in the lot. Well I don't care if that assclown got there 2 minutes or a half an hour before me when I know he's there and he's out in front of us I am on that like white on rice. So we took off and I took the point. Riding hard but not to hard and just about the time we came up to the campground road I could see Specky up ahead CHOADING ALONG...Well that only amped up the ride more as DC came flying around me in full attack mode. I managed to accelerate up with Don and stuck on his wheel. We passed specky at the last little climb before the campground road. It felt good to fly past him going mach 1... Well anytime I pass him it feels good..helps to keep the motivation...Occasionally Specky will try to wick it up to see if he can hang but he must have been feeling more choadlike that normal today as he just pulled over and watched us go by...Good to see that he is still wearing that one jersey and polypro T that he has.. It must smell nice. I wonder if his mama still does his laundry..I can't wait for tomorrow...I'm skating out of work a little early to try to get to the Crack about 3 pm to see if he's there again..my guess is not seeing as how feebly he was riding today...Trying to get in more of those elusive base miles...TMS was wondering if the Underdog was going to bring over any Brass for cross...My guess is not I don't think many of those guys want to suffer that badly. I just wonder how much better he'll be after leaving Beardilocks and the whacked Rhin Hoes...Which leads me to one last point about Beardilocks....Has anyone ever noticed that the only time the dude ever talks to someone in the shop or shows them any courtesy is when they are about to drop 8 grand on a Serotta....Then of course the second said buyer leaves the store he never acknowledges them the next time they come in...Keep on playing with your fucking Lizard Mac and Cheese boy. Hey Ho Rhin Hoes why don't you give Jeff all your dough...TC

No comments: