Saturday, January 27, 2007

Break out the skate skis

With the fresh snow we got here yesterday Independence Oaks is FINALLY open for skiing. Well at least for the type of skiing I want to do. DC and I did run into this guy who said he was out there last weekend but that it was pretty icy...Yeah that is my idea of fun...Well since this is the first time for skiing this year I was like "Ok Don, I'm going slow nice pace I don't want to be to sore tomorrow". He replies "yeah me to that sounds good". Well the difference for DC is that when he is going slow I am pegged out on the rev limiter. So we do a lake lap which goes alright..my form sucked and I was kinda gassed but hung in there. The next lap was our famous hill lap and that one KILLED me..but it gets better one more hill lap before we end it with a chill lake lap. The whole time I was dying. I have given a new nickname to one of the hills before you turn off to do the Ted Gray loop..I'm calling it BINKY because that's what I wanted when I got to the top. I'll have to admit it didn't skate up all the hills and my Tibialis Anteriors were screaming the entire time but it was fun and something different to do off of the bike. Tomorrow looks like more skiing I hope Two Bills or Butt show up to lessen the load as I know I could probably beat them up the hills. That is all for now.. I'm off to soak in the bathtub..TC

5 comments:

rachel said...

It kinda sounds like me doing an "Easy Day" with my TP on the bike!

ask said...

What, you can't say it to my face? Women.....

rachel said...

are those fightin' words?

ask said...

Bring it on!

Rooster said...

hey ace, I checked out your new skis on line and they are super cool! I used to ski fischer downhill competition (alpine) skis and they were really great.