Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Quiet One opens a can of asskick

Today's skiing session saw the Rev break out his new skis and totally kick my ass. Like I told Ms Hess those old Garneau skis that Dave gave him really must have sucked because all I could do today was wave bye-bye as the Rev glided. It wasn't even funny...well I guess that it was but I was giving it all I had and it wasn't even close. DC says I need to wax my skis but I figure it's been three or four years since I last had them hot waxed (insert pun here) why start now. Hell the last time they were hot waxed were the day they left the XC ski shop in Grayling. Yeah I may have to get an iron and break out the wax but I just don't have the time or the motivation to get that crazy about it. Well I'm sure with a couple more hill laps on the docket for tomorrow I should be useless on Thursday. I'm starting to think about skiing with Jay or Terry more and more I need some easy recovery days. TC

4 comments:

ask said...

You'd be a lot faster with a Brazilian wax.

Rooster said...

how's the skiing there?

sworksredace said...

Rooster good to hear from U again...Skiing is awesome. How is Kettle Point or Meadows? I'm getting some new skis this weekend the old ones are to chewed up. Fischer RCS Skate Carbon...Google them. Did U get that Rome yet?

Rooster said...

It's pretty cold out but my plan is to head to the Kettle tomorrow for some skiing. I only got back last last Friday so this is my first chance to go.