Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bloomer race report

There are a few things that I should have learned in my many years of biking. Rule number one is don't replace a rear derailer cable the day before a race. But oh well you live and learn. Today's race was fun. That is tough to say about Bloomer but coming into the race I didn't have any expectations. I thought that I would finish last. Out of the gate I knew I didn't have the conditioning or the bike (rear casette skipping) to be up front so I settled in midpack. Robert sent us down the sledding hill early and after getting stuck behind Darrell Whatshisfucking name I knew I had to get around him fast or I was going to get stuck in the singletrack. Darrell races cross and I found it funny that he was warming up on his cross bike on the trainer for 1 hr before the race but couldn't make it up the first hill. Oh well whatever I never did like that dude. Anyway I was leading a pack of four riders going through a new section of singletrack when I ate shit hitting my shoulder on a tree and then going over the handlebars. Watching the other guys get away I thought to myself ....oh well just ride and have fun. So that is what I did. Jim caught me and I could tell that he was trying hard to drop me. So I let him burn himself out then I cruised by and pretty much rode with myself until Erin came up looking for the 1st place girl. So together we worked until she caught her and then I decided to pull out after 3 laps. It was nice to finish a race at Bloomer without my back killing me. So what if I didn't finish all 4 laps. I had fun and I realized I missed racing and need to ride more. TC

2 comments:

ask said...

Nice to hear you are back in the saddle!! Want to do Lumberjack this weekend? Got a place to stay and pit support....

sworksredace said...

Andy I would love to go but unfortunately I have to work this weekend. We will definately have to hook up for a ride I want to try out your 69er