Saturday, June 9, 2007

Bloomer pre ride

Today's Bloomer pre ride was pretty eventful..I've never been a big fan of Bloomer....Although it is about 4 miles from my house I almost never ride out there. The trails just aren't my cup of tea...It was almost whoever laid them out thought to themselves...Hmmm how can we get 7 miles of trails into 6 acres of land ( I know the park is bigger than that but so much of the singletrack is up and down the side of the same hill) Well anyways DC, Butt and myself decided to ride the course this morning for shits and giggles. The sledding hill is in play early which will most likely kill some people right out of the gate. I debated on racing but decided that what the hell if nothing else I'll go hard for two laps and if I crap out whatever...I can either DNF or cruise for the last 2 laps and try not to finish last. But anyway back to Butt...Apparently there was a partially downed tree right at head level around this blind corner..DC and I managed to miss it but Terry cracked it square on with his dome. He tumbled pretty hard from the shock of it and seemed pretty shaken. He even cracked his new Specialized decibel helmet. DC and I had some pretty interesting ideas on some new neck therapy that he could do but he wasn't having anything to do with it. Hopefully I won't suck to bad tomorrow...and if I do oh well at least I'm giving it a shot...Hope to have a full race report tomorrow. My $$$ is on DC to clean up in the expert class and Frenchy to unfortunately beat Joeberon for the elite win...I want Joe to win and hope he does well but Bloomer is Frenchy's home course and that dude flat out cuts that place up like a Ginsu...Gotta fly..TC

No comments: