Thursday, September 13, 2007

The week in review


This week started off with the Stoney XC race. It can be summed up like this....really humid, glasses kept fogging up so being the idiot I am I took them off. Bad move. Got poked in the eye by a branch..Freakking painful...Thought about bailing on lap 2 but didn't...still riding and feeling like shit. Finished the race with some incredible back pain. Good thing Kuhncappi was there to offer up some Vicodin. Monday 2 laps at PLRA. Tuesday the CX training race at waterford hills. Felt good riding and was pleased with my results... but was left to wonder why Jeff and the Rhine Ho's don't do this every tuesday and open up the track to cyclists who aren't part of their silly club. Wednesday another 2 laps at PLRA....met up with Phonak for the second lap and while he did drop me on a climb towards the end of the loop I mashed it down to catch him which I think suprised him as it appeared that he backed it down significantly (which I don't think he did on purpose). Finished off the ride on his wheel only to have him ask me at the end of the lap "what do you do wait out here to find someone then try to kill them?" Thursday another 2 circuits of PLRA...Saw Phonak heading out at the start of my second lap (his first) but had no intentions of riding with him today as I was cooked from my first lap....I'm finding that I enjoy riding alot at this time of the year, don't ask me why maybe it is because it isn't so hot and I don't overheat as quickly. I do know that this probably isn't the best way to train for CX but I've decided that I'm going to ride everyday for my enjoyment (which does mean riding hard at times) but I'm not going to take racing so seriously. If I do well fine, if I don't that is ok as well, no excuses. Tomorrow I have to day off of work and I will either do some riding from the house out to Bloomer then ride through Rochester and then take the Paint Creek trail to Dutton road for a few hill intervals then off through the back roads to Stoney and finally head home. Either that or I will be doing a few laps at PLRA....

No comments: