Sunday, September 23, 2007

UCI Weekend

This isn't going to be a race report detailing saturday and sunday's races. What it will be is a collection of my thoughts about the weekend. First off I must say the weather was unreal, although maybe a little to hot and the courses were nice, although I would have liked some more technical sections and not so much of the long grass straight aways, but oh well. I always feel like a deer in the headlights at these big races. I really haven't done much training this year because of all the stuff going on with my family and my only goals really were not to finish last and not to look like a buffoon. I know I didn't finish last in either of my races but I'm sure I somehow managed to look like a huge buffoon. Having raced saturday I really wasn't feeling up to racing today. In my mind I was thinking up a hundred excuses to skip today's race but the reality of it is that I know I'm not in top shape. I was about 12 lbs lighter at the end of last years MTB season and I now realize that the extra weight is really a penalty (I wish I could be as lean as the Pony but I know my genetics will never allow that). So for now my goal is to keep riding, continue to get stronger, stop making excuses and just keep training. As for the rest of the weekends racing what else can be said....Page, Tilford and That Swiss dude showed what true professional cycling is all about. Those dudes have speed that I could never imagine (unless I was on a CR 450 F). Thanks to everyone who cheered me on (JW, MW, RS, Massey, AB and event the Cubbes who made it to both day's events). Hopefully as the season progresses there will be more 2 cheer about. TC

No comments: