Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Awaiting the start of CX season

While some people got to start the season at the Ithaca GP (AKA The amphitheater of pain) I was stuck at work. It really wasn't so bad because like my buddy Tim I have been struggling with burnout and lack of motivation lately. I still enjoy riding every day I just don't enjoy the suffering that accompanies training. Sometimes after a day of riding I feel so totally spent that even taking off my shoes seems like a chore. Add in the extra responsibilities of being a father and working full time (well kinda) and it is easy to see how one can get burned out. The problem is that even though I know I'm not really as into the upcoming CX season I'm still going to get bummed out if I don't do well. There are certain guys that you know you can and should beat and even though I try to rationalize my results there still is a certain amount of pride (and ego) involved in racing. Having said all that here are my personal goals for this season. Have fun and not take it to seriously (no matter how bad I get my ass handed to me). I would like to end up the season feeling stronger than I did at the beginning and most importantly I want to stay healthy (ie. no more back explosions) so that I can continue to train and get stronger.

3 comments:

ask said...

excuses already?

sworksredace said...

Yep I'm full of them.

sworksredace said...

I've got more good ones to come...I've got a migraine...Pulled my groin....