Sunday, September 2, 2007

Vacation thoughts

Kuotas (sp?) must be the bike of choice where I'm at. See more people on them then anything else. Right now I'm here it is basically an island that is seven miles long. There are routes to the inland and I have done most of my riding there, but every now and then I like to spin along the main island road. Really it is a nice place. There is a dedicated bike lane and there always seems to be people out riding. The only problem with New Jersey is that it it is flat. I mean flatter than Michigan flat and there always seems to be wind, which can be good and bad. Today's ride was pretty brisk there was a local running race going on and I wanted to get out before the runners began to block off the roads. About half way into my ride I noticed a single rider pulling out about a half a mile in front of me. I was pedaling back in to the wind and was really in no hurry but the persuit of this rider had me wicking up the pace to catch him. It appeared that we were riding about the same pace and no matter how much I tried I couldn't reel him in. But persistence pays off. About 3 miles later I was passing him as he blew up pretty hard. I kinda expected him to sit on my wheel until the end of the island but he was gone. Oh well so much for my excitement...TC

2 comments:

ask said...

You're at the Avalon Capital Group?

sworksredace said...

yeah Ive gotta change that.