Saturday, September 8, 2007

Finally home

Well vacation had to come to an end and I'm sure going back to work on Monday is going to BLOW MASSIVELY but oh well that is the way it goes. Riding the MTB today as I am preparing to get my ass handed to me at Stoney tomorrow. It never ceases to amaze me that after two weeks of only riding the road bike how foreign the MTB feels. Creeping out of the parking lot of PLRA my legs felt HEAVY...like lead. The first big climb hurt but after that I started to loosen up. The second lap felt much better than the first but I still didn't want to do either all out because I'm trying to save something for tomorrow. My goal is to ride a strong race and not go to crazy out of the gate. We will have to see how things work out. Another thing occured to me on today's ride. It seems that the only thing that is more addictive than bikes (at least to me) are my kids. It kinda saddens me to see them getting so big. My son is not a little toddler anymore, as a matter of fact he is kinda a flirt and a big ham. He had all of the people at the airport smiling at him as he made the rounds asking everyone "what's your name" then followed by "I'm Zachary Thomas Clark I'm two". So while on vacation my wife and I discussed having another one...I have doubts I'm 40 now (I know kinda old) but financially we are set and if we were going to do it now would be the time. I think that as I get older I'm starting to understand the value of family more and especially after losing my father earlier this year I'm starting to feel more of a responsibility to my kids and wife...So here we go. I'm hoping for another girl but as long as they are healthy I will be happy with either. TC

1 comment:

ask said...

More children = less riding. As long as you understand the math - congratulations on the decision and have fun trying!!!