Tuesday, July 10, 2007



Let me introduce Spanky....He is my neighbors 11 yr old pit bull. Now before I start this rant let me state that I am a dog LOVER!!! I have had dogs ever since I can remember and one of the worst days ever was last November when I had to put down my yellow lab. Having said that....This dog has become a royal pain in my A**!!!! My neighbors think it is nice that they can leave their dog outside all day and that he never bothers anybody. The fact of the matter is that he really is harmless but he doesn't know his boundaries. He routinely follows the shade as the sun moves overhead which usually leads him to my front yard or in my flower beds....I can't believe that I let this bother me so much....He has kinda of become like the gopher in Caddyshack and I'm Carl the gardener. Everytime I pull in my driveway I walk over to him and tell him to go home which he usually does the problem is when I go into the house he moves back in....It's freakkin MADDENING and I have talked to my neighbors about it but they just Poo-Poo it saying he's just being a lazy dog...Speaking of POO......Yep he has even taken to cutting turds and peeing on my lawn.....This is where I draw the line...the last time I cut my lawn I had to remove 4 piles from the front and side of my lawn (which I picked up with a shovel and hucked back onto my neighbors property). The thing that irritates me is that I would never have let my old dog get away with such behavior and it irritates me that some people could be so IRRESPONSIBLE....I hope I'm not turning into that angry neighbor guy but I don't know what else I can do. Talking to my neighbors doesn't seem to do anything and I can't be home 24/7 to keep an eye on my neighbors dog...I need suggestions....Oh and by the way I was trying to sneak up on him to take that picture but he conviently moved out from under the bushes and started walking towards me as I snapped it.





2 comments:

rachel said...

1. the term "cutting turds" is riotously funny.

2. your concern for the neighbors' dog reminds me of how ak doesn't let his dogs on the hydroseed.

ask said...

How did I get brought into this? I am just protecting my investment - besides my dogs actually get more walks that way. Unlike Scout who doesn't get to see more than her 20'x30' pen.
I would suggest collecting the turds in a paper bag for a week, putting a little lighter fluid on the pile, and lighting it on your neighbors porch. Perhaps with a note made from words cut out from the newspaper.