Sunday, July 6, 2008

The need to suffer

After riding this weekend I've decided that to make the step up to the next level I need to suffer more. This conclusion came to me after riding a hot lap at PLRA followed up by a short backroad ride to a new secret hill climb spot which had me gasping for air and seeing stars. I think I'm gonna have to incorporate that into some of my new workouts. One other thing worth mentioning that happened today. On our ride out to the secret site we had to ride a short section of open trails that run along some power lines. On one of the descents Erin hit an erosion rut which caused her to endo and crash. Unfortunately I was about 30 feet behind her and saw the whole crash. I was expecting the worst but like a trooper she dusted herself off, wiped away some blood and carried on like nothing ever happened. That girl is tough as nails....TC

No comments: