Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A day at the track....and a night at the Ham


I'll keep this short and sweet....Today's ride adventure started around 9 am when Tim convinced me to ride the Velodrome at Bloomer. Now I have to admit that I've been around it once or twice but not in the shall we say legal manner. So today I decided what the hell I've got nothing else to do for a while so I headed out. I plucked the Cdale off of the rack and rolled out to Bloomer thinking all the way there I hope I don't kill myself. I must say that the banking really intimidated me at first. It's hard to believe that you can stay upright (well more like sideways) at the green line but I just kept thinking about the words of advice that Dale gave me...He said this track is no problem as long as you have speed. Indeed speed is your friend at the velodrome. Lets just say the experience was awesome. I thinked I'm kinda hooked. I don't know if a Track bike is in my future but I'm definately gonna head out there some more for the workouts. Now on to the Ham mer as I like to call it. The ride tonight was good. Admittedly my legs were a little sore from using muscles I hadn't used before but all in all I was pleased with my ride. I think DK was feeling a little fiesty today as he made a break right out of Derby with an Essex guy in tow (I think it was Jeff Gray). Oh well another day in paradise, now if I can figure out a way to retire early so I can ride my bike like that every day I'll be all set.

2 comments:

Timothy Finkelstein said...

Two a days!!! Its all about the two a days! See you next tuesday?

sworksredace said...

I may be doing a thursday AM ride followed by a Poto PM ride tomorrow.