Friday, July 25, 2008

Let's try this again....They're Buddies







I don't really know what to say about this one....My only goal after last nights race was to get in some EASY miles so I decided to head out through Rochester up the Paint Creek Trail where I came across these two guys. They were riding this vintage tandem which they purchased off of Craig's list for $150.00. It seems like for these two it was money well spent. Carl is the stoker who is wearing a backpack with a boom box in the back of it. Alice in Chains and Nirvana were pumping as we cruised along at a leisurely pace. The two said that people often give them strange looks and stare at them but it didn't seem to bother them today. As they exited the trail and headed for Downtown I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if these two sprung a flat....There was no quick release and I knew they couldn't have been carrying a tube. To each their own... It just proves that on a nice day all you need is your buddy and some wheels for a fun time. Oh BTW the headtube had a badge on it which read "Firestone". I wonder if this was some sort of bike built by the tire company. I'm sure I could do some research. If anyone has an idea let me know...TC

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hey, this is Steve(The front rider). Great blog, luckily I was able to remember the name. Karl and I ended up following the trail to Lake Orion. Hopefully we'll run into you again on the trails, we take the tandem out pretty much every weekend.

sworksredace said...

Hey Steve, sorry I never got your name for the blog. I enjoyed the tunes had fun riding with you and Carl..Keep the rubber side down..TC