Thursday, March 27, 2008

My tribute to Tim "HOT SAUCE" Finkelstein

While some of our fellow comrades are lucky enough to be training in the hills of Georgia and Kentucky some of us are still stuck here in Michigan forced to ride in what can only be described as "toilet bowl" conditions. Today's ride was another solo one as everyone bailed because of the weather. The ride began with temperatures in the 40's and a relatively stiff wind from the west. About 10 minutes into the ride it a heavy thick wet snow began to fall and the temperature seemed to drop. It wasn't so bad at first but as the snow came down harder the visability grew worse and worse yet the snow that was accumulating on the front of my thighs and shoulders began to melt leaving me with that cold wet feeling. Needless to say an hour and forty minutes was all that I could muster. I tried to play mindgames with myself in an attempt to lengthen the ride to 2 hrs but I couldn't perservere. The only redeeming benefit from all of this toilet training is that windburn tends to turn into a deep tan especially on the cheeks and nose which leads alot of people to ask the question "you look tan, have you been on vacation lately"? The answer of course is no. Looks like its time to break out the sunscreen after all I don't want to end up with those Hot Sauce like tan lines.

1 comment:

ask said...

I've decided to install a sun lamp in my basement to work on my tan lines while I ride my trainer.