Friday, November 2, 2007

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CROSS BIKE DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO RACE

Those words were spoken by none other that Tim Finkelstein after tonights ride. Well not that we actually rode together it was just that we met up accidentally in the parking lot after we both got done with a few laps at Stoney. I had been tossing around the idea of not racing tomorrow or sunday as I would much rather get up early ride for a few hours then spend the rest of the day with the kids. My decision not to race was made easier tonight as I got home to find my son was puking which was then followed up by a bout of diarrhea (I know TMI for AK). Sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it shooting the whole day in the ass driving to AA then racing for 45 mins only to come home by 3 or 4 pm when I could have a couple hours of good riding in early in the morning and be back in time for lunch then a quick nap before off to swimming class. I'm still undecided about Sunday but if my son is still feeling sick I'm sure I'll be at home. Good luck to all the racers out there and thanks Timmy for the good advice....TC

2 comments:

the MICHIGANSCENE said...

good choice, boy howdy! anyone with kids should understand that descision. HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND AND ENJOY THE FAM.

Robert said...

Tim is wise beyond his years.