Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Never leave your bike unattended

This is the first rule of mountain biking as stated per Cathy....Back in the day if you went in to use the outhouse at PLRA by the time you came out your bike was usually about 10 feet up in a tree hanging by its rear derailer (yes Cathy was a nimble climber). Today's recipient of the Cathy bike prank was none other that Timmy Finkelstein. After riding for a while at Stoney I came out to check the parking lot and noticed that Tim's car was in the parking lot and his loaner bike was leaning up against the bathroom. So in memory of Cathy I decided to move his bike slightly (only around the corner of the building) making sure to make some noise in the process to alert him of my prank...I couldn't help but wonder if Tim heard me and if he did what was he thinking...was somebody stealing his loaner bike...How would he explain that one to Cullen? How many insurance claims could one have on the same bike? Well I didn't take Tim to long to find his bike (I don't think he was that pissed). Well that's all for now...hope this provided Mitch with some new blog material as I found out today from Tim that she is self-professed "blog geek". CYA TC

1 comment:

Timothy Finkelstein said...

There I was enjoying a nice pre-ride deuce only to come out and almost duece my pants in discovering a missing bike. I think this was the highest heart rate I achieved all day!

Beware Tom...the ball is now in my court...sleep with one eye open.