Sunday, October 7, 2007

Stoney CX race report

To say today was hot was an understatement. It seemed way to hot for a cross race and the thought of running that beach in the heat seemed unbearable. I decided that since my training has been coming along and I'm feeling a little stronger that I'd line up on the front row. It seemed like a good idea until 3 more guys decided to "squeeze in" pushing me to the far outside left. When Robert gave the go, Terry Ritter who was directly to my right bumped into me killing any momentum I had forcing me to the back. I have to admit it kinda sucked. The start out seemed fast again, but not as fast as Bloomer and I kinda got back up with the main pack. About midway through the first lap the main group broke up into 3 groups and of course I was in the third group. Oh well my race went well with the exception of running that fucking beach for 5 laps. I was kinda battling with one guy (sorry don't know his name or team) but once I got rid of him there wasn' t much else to ride for. I wasn't going to catch anybody in front of me and I wasn't going to get caught. In the end I think I got 13th or something like that. I might have been able to do better if I could have caught onto another group and rode with them. I do take pride in the fact that I didn't get caught by some of the faster masters 45 guys like I did last week and I do feel like I'm getting stronger on the bike. I didn't get to stay for all of the A race as I took the kids to an open house hosted by the local fire department. It was a blast as the kids got to use the hose to put out a small fire (with the help of a firefighter) and they got to climb all over the trucks. All in all not a bad fall day even if it did feel more like summer.

No comments: