Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm a hazard to myself

I'm having one of those weeks were I don't feel like doing anything related to riding a bike. I know last week was supposed to be a rest week and this week was supposed to be the start of higher intensity training in prep for CX, the only thing is I feel kinda crispy and not to motivated. The kids have both been sick which only makes me really cranky especially when they are up at 1:48 am screaming "I want my daddy". Racing is fun and all but sometimes I wonder when does all this training become more like a job and riding your bike becomes less fun? So for the last two days I have been totally off of the bike and not missing it at all. Well maybe missing it a little bit (I had planned on riding an easy lap at PLRA or something from the backroads out to Bloomer then Stoney) but my lack of sleep last night was just to much to overcome. I have also decided that I need to avoid pop altogether. I had been off of it for like 3 months but recently got back into the habit of sneaking one here and there at lunch. I must admit it has been my one only guilty pleasure, the only problem is that a few hours after drinking said pop I bonk like a MoFo and lose all energy. So for now I'm trying to stay the course and eat right, get enough sleep and train smartly....The SET program as Cathy used to call it. We will see how it works out.

2 comments:

ask said...

I don't know - no cupcakes and diet on rides, as the expression goes - "that might hurt". Funny if my kids were up sick at 1:48, my instinct now would be - what were they drinking. Not that I ever did that or anything - but I have heard stories...

Timothy Finkelstein said...

Dog days of summer...join the club, many people are feeling it. May I suggest some cross training to foster motivation?...Kickball...marathon training...20oz arm curls...etc.